My daughter is teething in a major way.....

My 7 1/2 month old daughter has her bottom two middle and top two middle teeth already, but she is now getting eight more all at once! I have tried baby OraGel, and she hated it. I don't know if it was the taste or the numbing sensation, but she will not let us give her that stuff. I have been hesitant to give her Tylenol because she's not sick, she's just teething. Lately she has been sleeping really badly. She doesn't completely wake up( she just cries and shoves the blanket in her mouth and is really restless), but you can hear her discomfort:( I'm thinking about breaking down and giving her the infant Tylenol before she goes to bed at night to help her sleep better. Is it alright to do that or should I just let her ride it out? I feel so bad for her.

Sophia_L

Asked by Sophia_L at 4:29 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I give the tylenol. Tylenol is used for pain and/or fever, so teething definately hits that pain area! I usually only give my dd a half dose though, and that helps her get comfortably through the night! Good luck and I'm sorry she's having a rough time of it. My 15month old just started getting a bunch of teeth at once as well!
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 4:34 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Give that baby some tylenol. I got some all natural teething tablets you can disolve them under the tounge or in an ounce of watter in a bottle. These have worked great!!! It's a small bottle with like 100 I got mine at Wal-greens but they have them at wal mart Rite aid. Also a cold rag to chew on sometimes helps w/the pain! Good Luck!
    mommyhero

Answer by mommyhero at 4:44 PM on May. 23, 2009

• If you don't want to do medications you can try Teething tablets or Teething drops. The drops worked better for my son, a few different things in them, but others swear by the tablets. The are all natural.
    Also I just purchased a necklace for my son called a baltic amber necklace (they are very popular in Europe) and they aren't for chewing... they way they work is by releasing natural oils with the warmth of the skin that is a natural pain killer. So far it's worked well... less fussy during the day but he doesn't have any teeth ready to pop though.
    With my son we do medicate before bed with motrin when he is teething... and during the day just give the natural things and cool things to chew on. Motrin works better for pain and works longer.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:05 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Why would you not want to give tylenol? Do you take Tylenol when something hurts? Teething is incredibly painful. I do teething tablets and tylenol if it is bad. We mostly us the teething tablets.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:51 PM on May. 23, 2009