National American Miss Pageant???

My daughter recieved an invitation to an open-call session for the National American Miss Pageant and I was wondering if anyone has ever gone to an open-call or to an actual pageant? What are your thoughts on it? Thanks so much!!

sassyhettel

Asked by sassyhettel at 4:31 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• my daughter goes every year and usually makes it on to the finals but has never placed if you take your daughter and she has never done pageants before this probably isn't for her and if you do decide to go get ready for some major competition
    one_white_rose

Answer by one_white_rose at 5:14 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Hi there!

Yes - I know about National American Miss. My daughter was in it. Actually she drug me to it. Glad she did. It turned out to be one of the best things we have ever done as a family. It did a lot for her confidence and even encouraged her in her academics and involvement at school.

The people at the event are nice and it was lots of fun. Very special too, as the dad's are with the girls as they are escorted on stage. Very formal, very nice, great pictures, great memories.

The part my husband and I liked the most actually was not on stage. It was the interviews. They teach the girls how to handle themselves in a job interview. No matter what age they are, the prepare a resume' and they sit down in a job interview format with each of the judges, who are very nice and professional. They visit for about a minute. Very solid. Very positive. Great experience and a real confidence builder.
    DanceMom2010

Answer by DanceMom2010 at 10:40 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I highly recommend the program. Like the other posting mentions, this is a real competition. It is very well attended. It is not something you just go to expecting to win without being prepared. But I guess that is true for sports or anything. 

But they do mail you everything you need so that your daughter can be fully able to handle herself in the public speaking part, the interviews (they are like a job interview, with a resume', business attire, etc.).

We go for the experience and the fun and the friendships she makes with other great kids there. It is kind of like going to Girls State, or some other honors thing. The kids there are all good students who have goals in life. That is what I think the open call is about. There the girls fill out an application, showing their grades and activities. They also go through an interview. This is something you have to qualify for.

DanceMom2010

Answer by DanceMom2010 at 7:42 AM on May. 24, 2009

• DanceMom2010

Answer by DanceMom2010 at 7:46 AM on May. 24, 2009