Are you drawn to the light or dark of things?

Like movies. Either with violence,magic,spirits and so on.How about bad boys. Women always seemed to be drawn to the bad boy type. Are you more than likely to have a pessimistic view of life? Have you ever questioned why?
Are you drawn only positive things and optimistic views in life?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Ok , no I was never ever drawn to the bad boy. My DH hardly ever uttered a curse word till he picked up my bad habit...damn. I don't even watch many reality shows because I think they are mean spirited. And my view on life is the glass is half full.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:51 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Definately not drawn to the bad boys LOL.
    Im not pessimistic but do have my occasional "down" times.
    I like magic in my movies, and action(so if that means a little violence oh well). I also like comedies and movies about doing good things for others and the rewards gained by doing so,etc. etc.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:02 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I guess I am as well rounded as you ladies. I have a very optimistic view on life. But I am more likely to watch a movie about vampires then I am one were a lady gets everything she wants. I guess I just like the idea of thinking of the what if's.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 6:06 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I'm definitely drawn to the bad boys, I absolutely love Colin Farrell, but other than that I am drawn to "light" things. I'm very optimistic, love change, would rather watch a comedy movie, or read books like Twilight where the vampires aren't all mean lol. I love light colors, brightness, and happiness. Don't know where the bad boy thing came from lol!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:25 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I'm optimistic, and like comedies best - definitely drawn to the light of things.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 7:03 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I've never been drawn to "bad boys"......but I am drawn to "darker" things. My theory on the reasoning for this is being raised with the idea (whether it be metaphor or not) that religion is "light" and "dark" is non-religion. I know that light colors, happy music, etc is not in any way really connected to religion, but it's been drilled into my brain that way. I felt extremely uncomfortable with religion, like was a trapped.....so I subconsciously associate things that most people think is "light and good" with that uncomfortable feeling that religion gave me. Dark is associated with being without God......which is freedom to me, so I am more drawn to it. Does that make sense? :)
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 7:21 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I am a healthy mix of both. 

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 7:47 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Like all other humans, I have a mix of the light AND the dark. Which makes it a BAD idea to harass me on a bad day!!! LOL
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 8:47 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I'm a realist, but several people say I'm pessimistic. I just think I'm not afraid to explore the negative in an effort to be prepared and make the best out of potential bad situations and maybe they don't understand what I'm trying to do. I hate people who always are positive- its so narrow...and being too negative is basically selfish; like why try because its all hopeless so I'll just never make an effort to better my life or that of others. I think being attracted to bad boys is so immature. You either want to feel special by being the one to "change" him or take special value in the two seconds he pays attention to you and eat up the drama the rest of the time. Deep down I'm mostly light, but a flashlight. I don't shine for everyone.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 9:57 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I think I'm reasonably optimistic, but I love horror movies... I don't really see my preference in entertainment as having any real bearing on whether or not I am a positive person in real life. If anything, I think that horror movies remind me of sitting on the couch under the comforter with my best friend, watching the old Nightmare on Elm Street movies and scaring the crap out of ourselves (bear in mind we were probably six years old at the time! LOL!) So although it's 'dark' entertainment, it's a positive nostalgia thing for me. As for the bad boys, I'm definitely not drawn to the bad boys... my dh is so squeaky clean it's nauseating! If I had a penny for every time I saw him drink a beer I would have three cents right now! LOL! Out of the two of us, he is definitely the squeaky clean one... I'm hardly a bad girl but do have more 'I was SO drunk!' stories than he does!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:05 PM on May. 23, 2009