Why am i so nervous about my So taking our daughter to his moms without me?

So my SO took our daughter who is 3 months to his moms house. and i didnt go. me and her have major problems shes extremely rude towards me and always has been for 3 years now.. i do not trust her watching any child let alone my own. i have seen her take care of kids and knowing my daughter is there without me turns my stomach!! Her dad is there i know but i do NOT doubt that lady to take advantage of me not being there to do anything and say anything she wants to my daughter ( she is only 3 months and doesnt understand but she would do it just to be a b*tch)

im obviously really nervous.. stomach is doing flips and i feel like my butt is going to fal out lol...

WHY am i like this?!!

is it normal though to be weary and antsy??

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:02 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wow We must have the same family issues. I would hope that ur husband wouldn't let them speak to ur child that way and if they do once the child is able to understand don't send him!! I don't my son is 5 months old but they wouldn't cut out the shit so I ended their involvement! Harsh? I know, but who gonna protect him but his momma? I can understand the anxiety. I guess just try to find something to occupy ur time and try not to think about it!!=)
    mommyhero

Answer by mommyhero at 5:12 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I think it's definately normal to worry when you're not there with your baby! But the fact that you and his mom don't get along probablt heightens your worry a bit more than say just to leave the baby with a sitter. Find something relaxing to do, and if you need just call SO, with an excuse like could you pick something up on your way home etc. and oh by the way how is our daughter? Hopefully it will help ease your mind, and then just don't dwell on it.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 5:12 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Of course it is normal. She is three months old. That is hard even when you trust someone, much less when you don't. The most important thing is that you trust your SO. Have a talk with him, and make sure that he is going to respect your wishes and keep HIS mother in check. He loves you, and I am sure that he isn't going to let her talk badly about you to your DD.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 5:13 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Yes its normal, but I have to be honest if it we me I would not let her go, if his mom cannot be at least civil to the mother of her grandchild just for a short period of time then she doesnt need to she her.
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 5:13 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Why did you let her go without you then? My so's mom is a major beotch, and I don't allow my 11 month old to go over there. So's mom can come to MY house if she wants to visit with the baby.

Your so's mom sounds TOXIC. I wouldn't let my kid anywhere near her!
    Anonymous

• MOMMYHERO: did yout baby's grandparents threaten grandparents' rights? Because you cut them off?
    Anonymous

• If you don't trust her why didn't you go? It's time to put your feelings aside and put your daughter first. If you're worried you should have gone with her.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 8:43 PM on May. 23, 2009

• chrissy...stfu
    Anonymous