?? About constipation after birth

I had my daughter a month ago and now I can't poop!! Last Monday I spent about 15 minutes on the toilet screaming in pain from diareah and the hemmriods I have. Since that day I haven't been able to poop. Should I take medicine for this or is it just normal and I have to wait it out

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had something like this, excpet I wouldn't go forever, and then I'd get these awful git wrenching cramps, and I'f have to be in the bathroom like right away!!! Anyways, my dr told me to take some benfiber. You can get it in a powder and just add it to your water or food. It's tasteless. It completely fixed my problem!! Maybe it can work for you as well.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 5:09 PM on May. 23, 2009

• its completely normal... my dr told me to take some stool softeners... and i did and it helped....i didnt poop THAT day but it was very soon ..within a few days...

its normal though its from your intestines being moved around and stuff just like everything else was when you were pregnant and your intestines are now like stretched a little so its hard to get them moving and pushing...

i literally.. sorry but TMI...
    i would have SOME of the poop coming out.. i literally took a big wad of toilet paper and grabbed it and pulled while i pushed.. it got some of it out.. not all but it helped.. sorry if that was TMI but just an idea lol

GL that part was shitty and they never told me about that! LOL
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:10 PM on May. 23, 2009

• You should be on a stool softener like Senna or Colace (or even both) to help things soften up and make it easier to go... especially if you have been on any narcotics
    Also drink a lot of water and walk around as much as you can to get things moving.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:11 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Its normal in that it happens to a lot of women, but its not normal in that you shouldn't accept it. You can take stool softeners (my dr. reccomended ducolax), drink water, and because of your pain, you may have some kind of protruding hemorrhoid that may need to be removed.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 7:25 PM on May. 23, 2009