back labor??

how can you tell the diffence between just back pain and back labor? i am 38 weeks and 3 days and i am haveing constant lower back pain in the middle of back. it doesn't matter if sit up lay down on my back or my side its not going away. if it is just back pain how can i help ease it???

littlemoma520

Asked by littlemoma520 at 5:23 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if you are in real labor and its back labor.. youll know...

my back labor was intENSE
    it was a CONSTANT contraction that never let down my entire labor. it was throughout my lower back mid back sides and stomach and groin and thighs...

ugh it was intense man!

try taking a warm bath
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:25 PM on May. 23, 2009

• mine was crazy , i was breathing heavy threw the pain in my back , when it is the back labor youll know , but i would call your dr just to be safe and let them know what you are feeling
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:31 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I am a mom to 3 wonderful children. 2 of which i had back labor with. Trust me, you'll know if it's back labor. It is so intense. It honestly hurts worse then regular labor. Mine got to the point i was screaming for pain relief which i didnt want at all. but once they gave the epi. it helped me get alot more comfortable and i could actually lean my back against something again lol. more then likely its just that the baby is getting bigger and is about out of room and is just pushing gainst either like a nerve or even a muscle. try a heating pad (on low) or a warm bath. exercise always helps too. good luck!
    hooten_annie

Answer by hooten_annie at 5:56 PM on May. 23, 2009