ghosts

i am wondering what happens to the so called ghosts that are here after they die,how do they get to heaven(or where ever there going)do they just stay here roaming the earth amlessly?hmm there seems like there got to be a way.or maybe ive just been watching to many hauntings???

raineydays377

Asked by raineydays377 at 5:45 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well, some stay longer then others. And I think alot of people confuse ghosts with spirits. But, yes, ghosts do eventually go Home. Other souls that have already crossed can come back for them and people can get them to go as well. Also, some "hauntings" are just residual. That means that they are events that made a mark ad they keep replaying over and over.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 6:03 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I don't believe in ghosts... as in dead people. I can't believe that God would ever allow someone to die, and then say, "Hey, I think I'll just have you roaming around earth for a while." That's not Biblical. I definitely believe in spirits, good and evil. The "ghosts" that people see, I believe, are evil spirits who try to confuse us. I believe they're one of Satan's many tactics to lead us astray.
    beccare2000

Answer by beccare2000 at 6:04 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Just another of life's mysteries. I know they exist, but the circumstances around the questions you ask ..... have no clue. Nobody does.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 6:04 PM on May. 23, 2009

• i guess one day we will???
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 6:06 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Beccare2000, I see your point. However, if we have free will as humans, what would keep us from having free will as a spirit? Maybe some people can choose to turn from the light and stay here on Earth because they have (or think they have) unfinished business. I know that might sound crazy, but its plausible.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:23 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I agree Beccare2000....you explained that very well.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:30 PM on May. 23, 2009

• AprilDJC- I can see your point too, and we definitely have been given free will! But please consider the following verses:

Psalm 23:6
    Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
    1 Thessalonians 4:17
    After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

Once we have come to believe in Christ, there is no where else our souls want to be. Even if we did have free will as a spirit, there is nowhere else I'd rather be than in the presents of the Lord.
    beccare2000

Answer by beccare2000 at 7:22 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Earthbound spirits--like those on the fields of Gettysberg, for instance--are still here because they don't know they're dead, or have unresolved issues, or are afraid of what is waiting for them on the other side (that's why many haunts may be negative). There are also spirits who travel back and forth between this side and the Other Side to visit family and friends or for special occassions. Think your dead father wasn't standing there with you when you got married. Wrong! He was there for the birth of his grandchildren, too. One of the jobs of our guardian spirits/angels is to lead us thru the tunnel of light to the Other Side--or if you're a not-so-nice person, dark entities. Watch the movie "Ghost". That's the closest to how it is.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:15 PM on May. 23, 2009

• one thing my great-grandmother said that always stayed with me was, maybe ghosts are on a different plane or demention then us, or maybe they are just a few seconds ahead. and in those seconds that we get a glimps we came across as ghosts to them.
    northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 9:28 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I've considered the whole "ghosts as a glimpse in dimensions/space/whatever" idea. Think about all the things people used to think was religious- like an eclipse or illness- It makes perfect sense that there's a logical answer if there really are ghosts. I think its very interesting and I'm happy to just say I don't know and what an interesting mystery the whole concept of ghosts is!
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 10:01 PM on May. 23, 2009