I'm upset; DH says to suck it up. Easy for him to say since he is spending it at a wedding.

DH's deceased wife's family invited us all to a family wedding. It an hour away and a hotel is provided for everyone attending. It's a BIG fancy wedding with limos for the guests, etc, etc.
DH told me that we could not afford to buy an outfit for me to wear (even from the thrift store) so I "had" to stay home with our 2 year old.

Honestly I thought he was just "pulling my leg" and that he was also not going. Well, this evening he LEFT for this wedding; leaving me home along, without any money, food or transportation (and in an isolated are of TX). I'm TICKED off and he told me to suck it up. I have never been away from our daughter since she was born; not even for 1 day or even 1 hour. I am always stuck at home and here he is out partying!

Am I wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• You take that six grand and hide it. When you can, open a bank account for yourself. If he asks about it, say you have no idea what he's talking about, maybe he lost it in a pile of horse manure out there on the ranch. Just save that money and let it grow some interest.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:42 AM on May. 24, 2009

• I'd be mad as heck! He is way out of line with you and I'd be sure to tell him!
    Anonymous

• A real man would not leave you in this situation
    Anonymous

• No, you are not wrong. If you all were so tight on money than he shouldnt have went to the wedding. If that was my husband he would be getting the silent treatment for a LOOOONG TIME. Im sorry your going through that though. (((Hugs)))
    Anonymous

• He's wrong and frankly Id question his honesty about the whole kit and kaboodle.
    Something is wrong that he would do that to you and especially using the "no money for YOU to get a dress" reasoning(b.s. in my opinion).

You have every right to feel upset about this situation. I know I would and Id be having a nice chat with him upon his return concerning how I felt and his excuse to go alone and need to go PERIOD.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:58 PM on May. 23, 2009

• WHAT??? You didn't bring an outfit with you? Did he? Did he go buy a suit when you all arrived at the hotel? How come you're just finding this out as he walks out the door to the wedding? You must be joking that you had no clue. This was never discussed before? Even when you got the invitation? I think you have bigger issues in your marriage than not going to this wedding.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 6:04 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Honey you should have put your foot down and said HELL NO!!! You either take me or we both stay home. I 'm sorry, if my Dh treated me this way there would be some serious hell to pay. How could you not have said something before he left. Grow up, take charge now because this kind of thing will always happen to you and you will never have a happy life.

Anonymous

• OP HERE - I'm not at the hotel. I am AT FREAKING Home! It was discussed when we got the invitation and he said we could not afford to buy me an outfit. He already has a suit. He just got up earlier, took a shower, and patted my head goodbye. Told me he would be back tomorrow night.
    Anonymous

• I call bullshit. First off, no wedding couple (or their family) pays for the guests' hotel rooms. Secondly, what man is just DYING to go to a wedding? I don't think so.

I do not normally suggest that anyone on here shouldn't trust their spouses, but that's just a crock and you should look into this.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 6:13 PM on May. 23, 2009

• OP HERE - The family owns the hotel at their ranch. His two grown sons went also, so I know it is a wedding.
    Anonymous