When did you start yearning to have another one?

I am thinking I want another baby soon. I have a 4 month old who was 6 weeks early and has colic(she is getting better) and I also have a 3 yr old. I am crazy I know but I have all girls and I want to try for that little boy.....I am nuts but am thinking I want to start trying for #3....AHHH my hubby is going to kill me. How long did you wait? when did you start wanting to try for the next one? (also it took us almost 2 yrs to have our second child and I am scared that if we dont start trying soon it will be another 2-3 yrs, I know every conception is different but I cant help but have that at the back of my mind.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Everyone is different and I don't think you are crazy. I had 3 in 4 and 1/2 years and it is very stressful but they are really close for that reason. I do think that it is good to give it a couple of months when you start to get that urge because sometimes reality hits and it passes. But your family is exactly that - your family. If you have the resources and the support, then have those babies as often and much as you want.
    Mamainluvof4

Answer by Mamainluvof4 at 3:25 PM on May. 24, 2009

• i have a son who will be 2 next month, and a baby boy who is 6 months, and i'm ready for the next! hah... i want a little girl :) luckily though, my husband is deployed, and i'm not ovulating (still ebf) so theres no chance of accidentally getting preggo now. we certainly can't afford another baby yet
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 6:19 PM on May. 23, 2009

• yea I am ebf ing also so I havent ovulated yet either......we cant afford another one now either (we are buying a bigger house)....but I still want another one lol
    Anonymous

• I really felt the urge when my son was about 2. I remember it hit me at his birthday party that year, just all of a sudden this feeling of wanting another. We held off and are now trying. It's up to personal choice, I have friends who waiting years and some who waiting a few months. It's up to you.
    cateachinmama

Answer by cateachinmama at 9:03 PM on May. 23, 2009

• my son will be six in a months time and its only been in the past 7 months that i have started yearning for another one the thing is i have been trying every month and nothing and its really upsetting to me because i held off for so long cause i keep saying we cant afford it or some other excuse but to be honest nothing has changed still think we cant afford another one but yeah what i am trying to say is that there is always going to be excuses i know ive used them all but the truth is if you think you are ready then do it everything else will fall into place i only wish someone had told me that five years ago
    tumtum360

Answer by tumtum360 at 10:33 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Your body needs at least a year to heal after delivery, so it's best for your health that you wait until then. But I know what you mean about another one. My husband started talking about the next one when our baby was 4 mos old and I was like, no way, wait until he's two. Now he turns one in two weeks, and we started trying this month lol. I want a girl this time. And I'll be thirty this year and don't want to wait too much longer. I changed my mind when DS was about 9 mos old.
    cjbj08

Answer by cjbj08 at 12:17 AM on May. 24, 2009

• well i want one now!! lol.. i got preg last yr and miscarriaged it.. i have atwo yr old. but yeah..i dont know.. :(
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 1:48 AM on May. 24, 2009

• I was so exhausted after I had my son, I felt like if someone told me I was pregnant again, I might have a nervous break down. I had my hands full w/ one newborn, & sympathize w/ those who have more. it wasn't until my son was 12-13 months old, the desire for another started creeping in. Now he is 2 yrs & 3 months. We started TTC about 5 months, & I can't wait to have another bundle of joy!!! I don't think there's any set amount of time to wait...whatever feels right to you. Some say it takes a year for your body to completely recover, & for me that felt true. But, for others maybe not. Good luck.
    -Amber
    ILoveMyIsaiah

Answer by ILoveMyIsaiah at 7:49 AM on May. 24, 2009

• Our third is turning a year old next month, and we will be trying for our fourth (and probably last) child anywhere from September to next June.
    Azure

Answer by Azure at 9:19 AM on May. 24, 2009

• I have the urge right now! Hunter is 8 months and 1 week old and I'm ready to start trying for another. Don't know if we will or not, but i would like to.
    beck_9808

Answer by beck_9808 at 4:54 PM on May. 24, 2009