Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do I say to his ex (baby momma)? HELP PLEASE!

I honestly need help!!!! No bashing PLEASE! I talked to my boyfriends (and my babys fathers) Ex, who he has another baby with, when we were broken up. We talked about God and my pregnancy. THATS IT! I told her we fought alot but when we did, we always resolved it quickly and got over it. She got somewhere in her head that he beats the crap out of me and throws things at me. She took his rights away to his son. He wont talk to me anymore or even be a part of my pregnancy. He told me yesterday that "there is nothing a gun wont fix." What can I say to her to get his rights back? He is very depressed about this and he refuses to talk to me. I need to talk to her and get this settled. How? What do I tell her?


Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • someone is feeding you some bs. They don't take rights away from a father based on heresay by a guy's gf. They have to have documented proof that he would cause harm to his child. If you didn't file any domestic violence charges against him then they have nothing. I think she's just telling him that to cause drama. Make him show you the court papers that says his rights were taken away and why. There is more to this if his rights were taken away for real.

    Answer by admckenzie at 7:16 PM on May. 23, 2009

  • I feel SO bad for what I did, I had no right to talk to her but I needed someone to relate to! HELP!!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on May. 23, 2009

  • Ok, first of all you need to be careful what you say to his ex because she will use everything that comes out of your mouth against him. Second, she can't just have the biological fathers rights taken away. She would need to file a motion for child custody or a motion to modify child support. Once this happens then he is given a court date and he could file a response to her motion which is just his side of the story on paper he could dispute her accusations. He wll still have to show up on the court date and at that time the judge or magistrate will go over her motion and his response and she has to be able to prove that he beat you not hear say for example: If you showed up to court to testify on her behalf or if he hit you should could get a copy of the police report and take it to court as proof of domestic. If he did hit you or her she can have primary custody of the child(ren) not shared and he would have visitation.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on May. 23, 2009

  • I seriously doubt you had anything to do with his rights being taken away. That's not a small thing -- there had to have been PROOF of some sort of abuse or illegal activity AND he would've had to have NOT protested it for that to happen.

    Nobody can just say "My baby's father beats the crap out of his new girlfriend --- she told me so --- terminate his rights". That's just not how it works.

    Sorry, hun... but if he had his rights taken away, there's a good reason for it. Maybe you don't know the whole story.

    Answer by Laura1229 at 6:28 PM on May. 23, 2009

  • First I will say that talking to her at all was very stupid, but I am sure you already know that, and second he needs to STOP being all poor me about it all and get off his ass and do something about it like uh go to court and get his rights back, because as far as I know she cant just tell him he has no rights without the court doing so and without having proof that she has good reason to not let him see his child, its not a hard problem to solve. And for future reference DO NOT TALK to the ex, because their are lots of them out their that are just jealous bitches.

    Answer by hautemama83 at 7:04 PM on May. 23, 2009

  • "nothing a gun won't fix''? Maybe he NEEDED those rights taken away

    Answer by JenW777 at 8:21 PM on May. 23, 2009