what do you think about it...

Maybe its just me, but I think that some people reveal WAY to much intimitate details about their lives here. We are all strangers but people seem to be compelled to talk about being molested when they were a child, or how baby died in a tragic accident 20 years ago. I understand that people have heartache in their lives, we all do actually, but I've never felt compelled to talk about it to complete strangers over the internet. What do you think it is about this place that make people want to open up? Do you think they are just looking for a way to say "look at me and the bum lot I got in life, feel bad for me" Or do you think that the moms on here just seem so sweet and kind that they feel safe enough revealing such things. Its been my expierance that moms on Cafemom can be extreamly mean so I"m not sure its the latter reasoning. I'm not bashing the moms who open up, I'm just curious what others think on the matter

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• For some, it's easier to talk to a stranger- isn't that why some people go to psychiatrists?  Although, I'm sure there's people out there who just want a little attention as well.  I guess the reason would depend on the individual. 

dannydawna

Answer by dannydawna at 6:53 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I think it may be easier for some people to open up to people they "know" on the internet, BECAUSE you will most likely never meet them, so you don't have the fear of being judged. Though I do think some on here are just trying to "one up" the next person. But you get that anywhere.
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 6:58 PM on May. 23, 2009

• It's a lot easier to "purge" to strangers that you will never meet, especially if you do it as an Anon. Some people just need someone to talk to, to unload on, and on the internet there are a ton of people who just open doors for that type of thing.
    The best thing to do if it makes you uncomfortable is to move on and not reply to it. Most people who speak about things that are very personal or tragic don't really expect a response anyway.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:35 AM on May. 24, 2009

• Oh yeah...its a lot easier to open up to people here. Ive told moms here that I have met many things that I would never tell someone I knew. Usually if I build a relationship with them first, based on a common experience or something in common, then its easy to just spill it. Its like going to a therapist. Now I don't do it publicly like in a forum because I don't want everyones opinion, but privately, its good to chat with other moms. I have never once felt like someone wasnt who they said they were.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:23 AM on May. 25, 2009