welfare rant

How the hell does a 19 year old get to sit on her ass and collect food stamps, cash, medicare. shes able to work but doesnt want to! also her apartment is fully paid for

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• same way every other person does
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:52 PM on May. 23, 2009

• who cares?
    Anonymous

• Who cares. Yawn
    sunshine21pa

Answer by sunshine21pa at 6:54 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Well I can understand food stamps and medicare if she needs it....but the cash... is she in college? Is that why she isn't working?
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 6:54 PM on May. 23, 2009

• most likely the cash this person is crying about is from TANF (temporary assistances for needy families ) you get it from welfare
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:57 PM on May. 23, 2009

• The programs are set up that it is more difficult to get help if you do work. I have an employee that was told by section 8 that she needed to work less hour in order to get help. She makes minimum wage and works 30 hours a week, so how could she work less hours and have any money left?
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 7:03 PM on May. 23, 2009

• banging head into wall

BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 7:05 PM on May. 23, 2009

• because she can

Answer by admckenzie at 7:09 PM on May. 23, 2009

• The system is so messed up. People who really need help are not getting it. There are a lot of people who need the help but they way it is all done is crap. I know someone who has 3 children and is bringing in more money from the state them my husband and I are with both our pay checks. The bad thing is that she admits to smoking pot at least 4 times a week. If the money was going to her children I would understand but when it goes to her pot and to have her hair died that just makes me mad. I work my ass off and I don't even know if I am going to have enough money to buy my son a Birthday present next week.

Anonymous

• because she can! what harm is it causing you directly! if it bothers you, go out and DO something about it instead of talking about it here!
    Anonymous