Who does Beading? Seed beads? Swarovski Crystals?

I'm trying to find the best way to take pictures of them... I have been doing a lot of new things and am selling them like hot cakes at work but would love to find a way to bring out the beauty of them. So I can keep pictures of finished projects. I have a great camera just not sure of the back drop...

nessasmomm

Asked by nessasmomm at 6:52 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I don't do beading that much, but I have a friend who does. She is really good at it. She has sold some pieces, necklace and matching earrings. I encouraged her to put some of them in the Fair last year and she did. She used cardboard with velvet material wrapped around it to display the items. Use a material that compliments your beads and fasten on with wire. That will make some awesome pics to display what you can do. She did win some ribbons too! Good Luck!
    jlaney

Answer by jlaney at 7:38 PM on May. 23, 2009

• and if you have a macro setting on your camera, use it. it will help pic up the details. As far as backgrounds go, I'd use a black if it's lighter colored items or white/cream if it's a darker set.
    britngavin

Answer by britngavin at 10:54 AM on May. 24, 2009

• when I got my stuff photographed, we went with a black velvet background and used a white piece of plastic to diffuse the light.
    Sarah_Dorian

Answer by Sarah_Dorian at 3:36 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I do beading,I can make braclets,neclaces and rings.I am trying to save up to open my own store.I plan to employ two or three woman part -time to help me make them.I also would like to make my own catolog.I hope to become big and eventually try to put my desigs in high end botiques here in southern ca.where I live.
    monica-alvarez

Answer by monica-alvarez at 2:22 PM on May. 25, 2009