A couple questions about pre natal pills

Okay honestly is my pee ALWAYS going to be neon yellow as long as I take these pills lol!? Secondly, what are the best things to eat with pre natals to make the benefits better

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• dont know about the pee....

but i do know that it is advised NOT to drink milk with them... but i dont know of any food that up the benifets...

good luck,, i never took them ebcause they made me sick i jsut took flinstones
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 7:00 PM on May. 23, 2009

• My pee was never bright yellow...it actually has been cloudy/dull my whole pregnancy and I have been taking pre-natals since I was 4 weeks. I don't think it makes a difference what kinds of food you take with them or not. They are just there to give you extra nutrients so I don't think pairing them with certain foods will do any good or bad.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 7:02 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I'm the same way as the first poster, they make me sick so I ended up just taking my sons vitamins with him. I don't know what you can take to help with benefits but I will tell you this, most of those prenatal pills have a lot of iron, so you won't need much in your diet or else you'll get stopped up!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 7:03 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I was put on Prenavite and my pee is neon too. All I drink is water So i know im not lacking in fluids. I wondered why my pee was neon and when I read this question it made sense haha. Sorry I can't answer the question but it's happening to me too. I guess for some its normal
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 7:08 PM on May. 23, 2009

• My pee is bright yellow also! My Dr. told me to get the best benefits from the vitamins to take them one hour before eating or 2 hours after eating, for best absorption. I don't think any foods will make them work better. He also said if you are knowingly trying it's best to start prenatals before your pregnant because the folic acid will help prevent certain things for the developing fetus.
    Mommygoose

Answer by Mommygoose at 7:57 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I had to eat something small before taking mine and then something small after taking them because they made me feel sick but that's just how I am with all pills... there isn't a food that is necessary for them to work but I found eating a small bagel or toast help..
    SweetPea102689

Answer by SweetPea102689 at 8:34 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I took the kids' chewable gummy vitamins since my morning sickness was so bad. Had the same amt of stuff in them if I took two. My OB/GYN told me that trick.
    cjbj08

Answer by cjbj08 at 12:11 AM on May. 24, 2009

• Original Poster here. The pre natals I take do not hurt my tummy, I take special expensive ones that are very gentle on sensitive tummies. I just wanted to be sure I was doing it right since I am taking them prior to conceiving.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on May. 24, 2009

• Make sure your drinking enough water so your pees not yellow because your not hydrated enough.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:42 PM on May. 24, 2009