Cervical mucus?

Okay, hubby and I have been trying to conceive for a couple of months. To try to tell when I'm ovulating I have been checking cervical mucus and other things. My mom, who has taken natural family planning classes and has practiced it for years, told me that without mucus pregnancy is impossible, or that is what their teacher told her. This past month I had very little (really, it was hardly worth noting) so I thought either a) I did not ovulate, which is possible because I'm still breastfeeding #1, or b) I ovulated but had no mucus and couldn't conceive.

Well, I just found out I'm pregnant so I want to know if my mom was right or wrong and why? Does anyone know if you can get pregnant without the mucus or did the very little I had make it possible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your mom is correct, but any mucus counts, and the most fertile mucus is super clear and almost as thin as water. So maybe you just didn't notice it, along side of seminal residue? That is my guess.

Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 11:23 PM on May. 23, 2009

• well your pregnant, sooooo
    i think it is safe to say that you can get pregnant even if you have very little cm. maybe since the sperm came out close enough to the cervix you didnt need very much cm.
    ?????
    and yes of course you can still get pregnant when bfing
    i would say pregnancy is still possible without mucus but without ovulating i think it would be bit more impossible......
    so your mom was ill informed or passed the information on to you wrongly or you heard her wrong......
    besides "family planning" isnt 100% either way.
    Anonymous

• You can get pregnant with little CM but it may be a little harder than someone with a lot of CM
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 8:41 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Mom isn't *quite* correct....pretty obvious from the fact of your pregnancy. CM is one of SEVERAL signs.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:32 PM on May. 23, 2009