How do you feel about televangelists that get rich off of God's name?

IE "Pledge $1000 to me and I'll personally lobby God on your behalf!"

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 7:35 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Very sad.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 7:36 PM on May. 23, 2009

• IT MAKES ME SICK!!! They give Christians a bad name. Anyone who offers a prayer as long as you send them money is only out for themselves... not God.
    beccare2000

Answer by beccare2000 at 7:37 PM on May. 23, 2009

• This sort of thing always made me so furious as a Christian! Now that I'm not a Christian, I don't find it as personally offensive, but it still is bothersome. What's REALLY sad is IMO they've actually convinced themselves they're doing "God's work" and that they are right and justified and that it is what they were "called" to do, their holy service to their Lord. I think they should spend some time in solitary prayer (and stop doing it on the 21st century's street corner, and start doing it in private where it's just between them and the Divine), and get right with God. They are not living Christ's example to the world, to say the least.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 7:41 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I find it digusting and very un-Christian.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 7:45 PM on May. 23, 2009

• They are vampires who feed off of vulnerable, naive people who believe. As a Christian, it absolutely infuriates me.

KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 7:46 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I think they are full of hooey and prey on vulnerable people.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:49 PM on May. 23, 2009

• It always brings to mind Sam Kinison (former seminary student LOL) asking about where Jesus said to build a water slide.
    There's a documentary series about Jim & Tammy Fay's son and how he built his own ministry. The contrast between father and son is severe. It's a shame more people don't follow the son's model instead of the father's, tattoos and all.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:50 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Wolfs in Sheep's clothing!!!
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 8:02 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Honestly, it makes me sad. People taking advantage of others faith and hardship for their own financial gain... (shakes head)

Prayer is free. Faith is free. He is free.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 9:10 PM on May. 23, 2009

• It is sickening. I can pray to God myself for free. I can also ask other believer's to pray on my behalf for free. So why pay one of these "sinners" to do something for money when we can all do it ourselves for free. God doesn't listen to them MORE than He listens to others. If anything, God is probably pretty sickened by their Greed and Selfishness Himself. Those people are not Christians---not in the Biblical sense. Billy Graham is about the only Real Evangelist out there. He truly works for God. Not for himself.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 9:11 PM on May. 23, 2009