Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do about this?

My brothers girlfriend has been harassing my mother, sick grandparents, and my sick aunt and uncle over the telephone. She has been told multiple times not to contact them, yet continues to do so. This has been going on for a year

Finally I texted her and told her she was NOT to contact my family anymore or I would involve the police because harassment was a serious crime.

She then texted me back telling me to kiss her ass and then called me 3 times to bitch at me.

I plan to file a police report about it. She is 17. Her parents allow her to harass my family. No one else will stop her from harassing the elderly and infirm. Would you report her?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (14)
  • Everyone who is being harrassed needs to file a police report.

    Answer by rkoloms at 8:10 PM on May. 23, 2009

  • It's pretty easy, call the police. Keep a log of what is said (especially over texting) and get a restraining order against her.

    Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 8:11 PM on May. 23, 2009

  • What about your brother in all this?

    Answer by Teachermom01 at 8:11 PM on May. 23, 2009

  • Yeah, why is your brother dating the little shit? Is he ok with what she is doing? Have you tried talking to him? Maybe talk with her parents, and then file a report. I'm sure talking with her parents won't help though. And def. keep a log of what she says, or texts.

    Answer by Buffie95 at 8:29 PM on May. 23, 2009

  • I agree with teachermom wth is your brother? why is he letting her do this and staying with her?

    Answer by firethearson at 8:30 PM on May. 23, 2009

  • WTH and your brother is STILL with her, something is wrong with that picture, but anyways to answer your question YES I would call and report her asap, as a matter of fact I think you sould go and do it now

    Answer by hautemama83 at 8:30 PM on May. 23, 2009

  • I would definatly report her, she is young, immature and ignorant and if her parents allow it then let them deal with the charges as well because she is a minor. No one should have to put up with that, your brother should realize that if she has no respect for his family what so ever then he needs to let her go.


    Answer by mommy2b99 at 8:31 PM on May. 23, 2009

  • Don't text someone who is an idiot. You're just fueling the fire. Save the texts, file a report and have the other members do the same. While unlikely, there is a chance she could fall under the category of elder abuse if she's doing anything that would take advantage of them or has in the past (did she borrow money from them?) Good luck, and don't give her any more to be a creep about.

    Answer by mrs_pulley at 8:46 PM on May. 23, 2009

  • What kind of respect does your brother have for his family that she is still his girlfriend? None that I can see.

    Answer by Chrissy629 at 8:47 PM on May. 23, 2009

  • Hell yes

    Answer by stephania01 at 8:56 PM on May. 23, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.