I am painting an American flag,

using 4 canvases. At the bottom I have an open strip at the bottom. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can paint on the bottom? A phrase, or a small quote? I have looked some up, but I didn't find anything that stood out. Thanks!

Buffie95

Asked by Buffie95 at 8:21 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Home & Garden

• how about "forever in our hearts"
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 8:23 PM on May. 23, 2009

• "Land of Freedom"
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 8:24 PM on May. 23, 2009

• How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy. ~Paul Sweeney

This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. ~Elmer Davis

If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace. ~Hamilton Fish

The cement of this union is the heart-blood of every American. ~Thomas Jefferson

TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 8:26 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Some Gave All, All Gave Some . . I have always really liked that one.

2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 9:05 PM on May. 23, 2009

• www.quotationspage.com - that's where I usually find my answers for this type of dilemma. But, my personal favorite is "Enjoy your freedom? Thank a veteran." Think about what America means for you (religious freedom, the right to pursue your dreams, etc) and something will come to you.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 10:51 PM on May. 23, 2009

• All gave Some, but there are those who Gave ALL!
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 1:35 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Land of the free because of the brave
    QuiltLover

Answer by QuiltLover at 4:22 PM on May. 25, 2009