Old Wives Tale-Gender

That the heartbeat is fast, will be girl-if it is slow will be a boy. my 18 week ultrasound said i was having a boy but the heartrate has been REALLY fast the whole time. Should i be worried or is this just a myth? I have all blue no pink and no girl name picked out.

tjandjenna

Asked by tjandjenna at 8:39 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think it's a myth...but I did have 1 Doc out of 4 (at a pregnancy clinic) where I went when I was pregnant with my son, he said he finds that most boy's don't have fast heart beats...they're usually between 30-50's not usually high, my son's was always in the area of 140 something. Hope that help's a bit. I wouldn't worry about having all one color bought...It's easy to retrn lol.
    Anonymous

• just a myth
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:47 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Myth and definitely not something to worry about.
    Anonymous

• Its just a myth just go by whay you were told at your ultrasound.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 8:59 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Totally a myth, I have two friends due within a month of me both of them are having girls, I am having a boy and our babies heartrates are all in the 150's typically
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 8:59 PM on May. 23, 2009

• If that were true I'd have 3 girls. They were all boys and the doctors all leaned toward girl until the ultrasound.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 9:23 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Its not true...my babie's HR is always in the 140's, and im havn a girl..also my friend's baby was the same but she had a boy..so i wouldnt go off that.
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 10:23 PM on May. 23, 2009

• It's completely a myth. I recently read about a study done by a group of doctors and the ONLY old-wives tail that proved to have any validity was the one about pregnant women who have a lot of heartburn will have babies with a lot of hair.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 10:58 PM on May. 23, 2009