Need help in what to make for a Anniversary Party

My hubby and I celebrate our 25 th Wedding Anniversary this July and we are throwing a big party for family and friends. Im trying to get some ideas what to make for it. Im opened to any suggestions.

MOMOFZAN

Asked by MOMOFZAN at 8:47 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Entertainment

• I am not a big "formal party" person. I would do a ton of grilled pizzas with a couple of salads, and grilled fruit and cake for dessert. If you would like any recipes, please send me a PM -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 8:50 PM on May. 23, 2009

• It would depend on the number of people, mix of people (mostly adults, mostly kids, mixture of both?) and what time of day/night. A bbq could be nice for daytime mixture of kids and adults, steaks (which can be expensive but not if you buy a full beef loin and cut steaks yourself, we did that last year for my hubby's bday and got 14 steaks out of one beef loin for $60) Maybe a couple of prime ribs in the oven, easy and not a whole lot of interaction from you.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 8:57 PM on May. 23, 2009

• It's your anniversay..you should have it catered, not cook :)
    Mrs.Captain

Answer by Mrs.Captain at 9:34 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I've done parties for my parents and in-laws. We had things like cheese ball & crackers, veggies & dip, nacho dip & chips, meatballs in different sauces, scalloped or augratin potatoes (make in a huge turkey roaster), a variety of salads (potato, pasta, jello, fruit), meat & cheese & buns, and of course a cake and punch! If you are doing it yourself, make it as easy as you can so that you can mingle with your guests instead of having to keep the food served. Find a couple of friends that would be willing to keep the foods stocked.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 2:09 PM on May. 25, 2009

• When in July? Our 10th is July 10th. I make a beautiful antipasta salad that always seems to be a hit! Let me know if you want the recipe.
    MommaTardino

Answer by MommaTardino at 6:29 PM on May. 25, 2009