Washing Bras

I only have 2 bras (how many do you guys wear?) and both have padding (I need it!!) But they get sweaty on hot days esp so I am constantly washing them. I use whatever's nearby, but I prefer bar soap from the shower because it's antibacterial. What do you guys use?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have 4 white bras, no underwire or padding.
    I put them in the regular white wash, but I add Borax to the load along with the laundry detergent in order to help with any stains or odors on the whites. These would be the whites I don't bleach. I always hang mine to dry overnight either under the heater/air conditioning vent, or in front of the open window.
    Never add bleach to your white bras because they will yellow over time and the bleach will break down the elastic parts. The dryer also breaks down the elastic parts over time.
    If you only have 2 bras, you will need to wash them everyday if you get that sweaty, or every 2 days if you don't. As soon as you are able to, you should buy some more bras, but I'm sure you know that. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:13 AM on May. 24, 2009

• I have 2 I alternate and wash in with the clothes but never dry. Mine are big ol bras that have rubber lining under the cotton.
    April0040

Answer by April0040 at 8:51 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I was them on gentle cycle and hang them to dry. I have at least a dozen different ones but I have 4 I really like.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:51 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I have enough for a week (I only wash whites once a week). They go into the wash with laundry detergent and bleach, then into the dryer.
    Anonymous

• I have 4 regular bras, and 2 sports bras. I wash them like I wash all my other clothes.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:07 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I wash mine in the washer and hang to dry.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:09 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I put mine in a knit bag and then hang them to dry.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:39 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I have 46 bras. I love underwear and bras for me are fun; the fancier they are the better. I wash mine in a bra bag and tumble dry them on a medium heat setting. Did I mention that I love bras?!?
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:44 PM on May. 23, 2009

• hand wash with woolight, or gentle cycle if i don't have time, and hang dry.
    my sports bras are gentle and dryer on low heat
    Anonymous