should she be happy?

i have a friend who just found out she is about 6 weeks pregnant... she already has 2 kids, and her husband doesnt want to have any more kids because he already has a 6 yr old with an ex. They have been using BC so this baby is a total accident. She knew that she wanted to have more kids, but also knew that he didnt. She wanted me to post on here to find out what the general impression is. Should she be excited?' should she tell people? thx

RowanandOrion

Asked by RowanandOrion at 8:50 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was not excited when I found out I was pregnant but there were circumstances around it and I got over it and love my child with all my heart. Yes, she should be happy...what's done is done. If she's not, she will be eventually. She should tell people AFTER her first appointment or after the first trimester
    Anonymous

• She should not tell anyone until she is past her first trimester. She should be excited if she is planning to have and keep this baby. I am EXTREMELY concerned that these she is taking advice from strangers, rather than discussing this with her husband.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:57 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I think she should be excited. She wanted to have more kids so why wouldnt she be happy about it. It was ment to be if she was using birth control and yet she is still pregnant. Tell her i said congrats and good luck with her pregnancy. Her Husband will start to feel better about it he might not be to happy about it now but he will be. He just needs some time.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 8:57 PM on May. 23, 2009

• she is, and has, talked to her husband about it. she was just looking for some insight from people who could be objective
    RowanandOrion

Answer by RowanandOrion at 8:59 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I've never understood why people should tell other people how they should feel, because if they don't feel that way it just adds guilt to the whole thing because they aren't feeling the way they are "suppose to". I think that she should feel how ever she feels she should feel.
    Anonymous

• If I were her I would feel happy and wait til after the first trimester to tell people.. which is exactly what I did.. I am now 6 months pregnant and if anyone in my family doesn't like it I stay away from them because i don't need the negative energy... my boyfriend wasn't too excited until he went to the doctors with me and heard the heart beat and then he started crying.. and has genuinely been excited ever since.. I also became pregnant while on birth control and he had on a condom.. somethings are just meant to be...
    SweetPea102689

Answer by SweetPea102689 at 9:07 PM on May. 23, 2009

• She has every right to be excited and although the circumstances may not be ideal her husband needs to come to the realization that a baby is a great thing and should take a look at his 3 other kids and think what would the world and my life be without and one of them?? He'll come around they all do eventually.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 9:08 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Who cares if people are objective. It's not their life
    Anonymous

• I think she should be excited about it. We weren't trying this time around at all, in fact we were both worried about having a third baby, but I was totally psyched when I found out we were going to have another baby. I think I would hold back telling people until after the first trimester though, just in case.
    sapphiresoda

Answer by sapphiresoda at 11:07 PM on May. 23, 2009