Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Section 8 housing

How would I go about applying for section 8 housing? Where would I go? I live in Prescott Arizona and my husband makes in the low 30's. Would I even qualify?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (5)
  • Contact city hall or a social services agency.

    Answer by rkoloms at 9:28 PM on May. 23, 2009

  • how many in your household?

    Answer by abellvalerie at 9:44 PM on May. 23, 2009

  • My husband is the DIrector for housing in one of our big states. Apply in person.GL

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on May. 23, 2009

  • You can always call the DHS office and ask where to apply. That's what I did. But there is a two year waiting list and I'll be done wtih school by then. You can also call different appartments and ask if they are income based and if not ask if they know who is. My sister is an apartment manager and she knows which apartments are income based and will direct people there.

    Answer by MoonLover06 at 11:32 PM on May. 23, 2009

  • I had a friend when I worked at a gas station that got that. and moonlover06 is right, there is a two year waiting list. But, if you really need it contact your family services place and they can give you more info.

    Answer by ajguinn at 4:53 PM on May. 24, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.