Have You Ever Relocated To A Different State?

Yes, I have posted this before, I am hoping for further input. I am interested in hearing about a variety of relocating experiences.

My husband and I are considering relocating, I have a few questions for those who have relocated in the past. How far did you move? Approximately how much did it cost you to make the move? Any advice to a family considering relocating?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• We have moved numerous times, unfortunately. The first thing I sought out were the libraries and churches around town so we could get plugged in. I think moving (out of state) for us has been about $2K.

We moved-
    From DE to WV
    WV to FL
    FL to WV
    Wv to MD
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:36 PM on May. 23, 2009

• wow. TXdaneilly. that's a lot of moving.
    I'm a military wife and have not yet relocated to another state, but i will soon. We should be moving from CA to WA by early next year.
    Good luck with your replies.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:37 PM on May. 23, 2009

• My husband moved to Chicago from New Jersey. He was a single man without much stuff; he packed up his pickup and moved.
    He has moved other people cross country. You can call truck rental companies for prices; if one of you already has a new job, find out what the relo budget is.
    Here is my advice: unless you are moving to be near family, choose your new city carefully. Rent for a year before you buy a home, so you can have lots of time to explore and find the right neighborhood for your family and budget. It is best to have a job before you move; many employers will pay all or most of the relocation costs, assist with finding a home and a job for the spouse, and offer other assistance.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:38 PM on May. 23, 2009

• from NY to LI
    LI to NJ
    NY is always fast forward, but LI and NJ are on the same speed dial.
    Anonymous

• We move A LOT!! And it cost A LOT. Last move was over 1500 miles cost us 1000 to get here driving, between gas and hotels and eating out and three days.... adds up quick. first, last and secutity deposits at least $3,300.00, deposit for gas, water and electric another 1000, cable hook up $240.00 first grocery trip to restock $800.00 plus pet deposits if you have animals, All in all as long as you have a plan, and a job offer go for it. www.RamblingsOFaSAHM.com

Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 1:02 AM on May. 24, 2009