UGH! Why are men lazy?!?

It seems like lately all my DF does is sleep and I understand that he works a lot but geez it would be nice to actually have him AWAKE when he is home! I have tried telling him this yet its like he ignores me, how else can I get it through his thick head?

hautemama83

Asked by hautemama83 at 9:44 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Relationships

Level 2 (-14 Credits)
  • I'm right there with you ladies. If my DH isn't sleeping he's sitting in front of the damn computer playing games. It's always a chore to get him off to do something with me and the kids or do something around the house. I'm 34 wks prego and I'm the only one to cook, clean, take out the trash, play with the kids, tuck em in. Hell, sometimes I get stuck cleaning the damn litterbox (i know I shouldn't) otherwise it would overflow with crap!!!! sorry.... started to vent a little.... so yeah, if you ladies find some miracle to get ur man off his lazy butt and help PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know!!!!!
    Nikki00E

Answer by Nikki00E at 2:36 AM on May. 24, 2009

• if you find out please do tell
    Anonymous

• men are lazy because they know that women will get tired of waiting around for them to do something and know that eventually we'll do whatever it is that needs to get done. Some times and I'll repeat it....sometimes we allow it once, twice maybe even three times and than so by then they get use to being lazy and by the time we get upset it's too late to.

My other theory is that it's starts when they're kids and their mums do everything for them and it rolls into adulthood. I find this to be true of families where there is only one son and a slew of daughters (mine) or it's a relationship between a black son and his momma. Black women spoil their sons and they grow up lazy as hell. I can say this cuz I'm black! And you know this MAN!
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:51 PM on May. 23, 2009

• oh thats pretty funny ladybug when I first started reading that last statement you made I was like oh my god I cant believe she is saying that lol
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 9:55 PM on May. 23, 2009

• it's true... but I mean lazy in a good way(if there's such a thing) You know, some grow up and they're 25, 27 still living at home where momma cooks for them, washes their draws, takes their garbage out , pays all the bills cuz Ray-Ray's money is for making sure his cars is hot, buying nice clothes and what not and having money to go to the club and "buy you a drrrraaaannnnnkkkkk".

Then they have 3 kids, not pay any child support to any of those babies mommas and ..... oh wait I realize I'm not talking about every black man out there just some and one in particular MY GROWN ASS OLDER BROTHER! Sorry ladies he makes hard working and responsible black men look BAD!

I can't stand his azz!
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 10:02 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I just re-read what I said so let me explain what I meant by lazy in a good way. I didn't mean to imply that they don't work. Oh no they work, and some make damn good money but they're cheap as hell and figure why move out and spend they're money when momma is willing to pay the bills and do everything for them.

Again I'm not implying that this is the case for all men (black men as well) but for a large amount this is everyday life. Lazy azzes!
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 10:07 PM on May. 23, 2009

• He works his butt off but he's lazy?
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 10:27 PM on May. 23, 2009

• kay well let me explain what I mean by lazy, I just cant get him to do much of anything when home, even spend time with us, maybe its just me because sometimes I feel like the energizer bunny running around here cooking, cleaning, changing poopy diapers, nursing a baby, and everything else, I wish he would at least NOT sleep when he is home but interact with us some KWIM
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 11:08 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I completely COMPLETELY know what you mean...unfortunately...
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 11:57 PM on May. 23, 2009