I am 16 weeks but sono says 15, has anyone else had this?

Ever since i was 12 weeks it would say 11w 3d or when i was 14 it would say 13w 2 d and now at 16 weeks it says 15weeks. I feel like the baby is shrinking! My doc said it's fine but i think he's full of it and taking bad sono's(he's a terrible doc!) What do you think? what is you experience?

BkMommy2be

Asked by BkMommy2be at 9:44 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It is normal. The initial confirmation ultrasound is the one that you go by (verifying that it is most likely correct by the LMP) and the due dates printed on the US images after that you should ignore. It calculates by size compared to other babies at different stages of gestation. A varying date can just mean your baby is larger or smaller than other babies. It's all just an estimate. I got a differen't "due date" almost every ultrasound I had. They won't re-evaluate your official due date unless you're REALLY smaller or REALLY larger than you are supposed to be.

If it is a bad doc and you can't trust him, SWITCH! I switched at 22 weeks to a new doctor because I didn't like the hospital mine was affiliated with. It's not a big deal, find one you can trust.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 9:57 PM on May. 23, 2009

• it is fin e.. those are measurements if i went by my measurements with ultra sounds at 28 weeks i would had been 38 weeks i was measuring so far ahead . those are only estimates dont worry about it
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:48 PM on May. 23, 2009

• oh anad at 36 weeks i was measuring 43 weeks
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:49 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Sometimes, a baby is smaller in certain areas than others. They take all measurements, head, hands, feet, heart, body, legs, and they average those out to where they can. Then they take those measurements to where they would normally have a 16 week old baby, and compare your measurements to the ones they have as average. This is not uncommon to find that your baby is smaller than their average. they ask too much, and will tell you to eat more. Do not worry about that. You are on track if you are within a week or two of their range, they just don't tell you that. This doc likes for you to worry, more money in his pocket if youcome in with a question.
    samanthaevans

Answer by samanthaevans at 9:55 PM on May. 23, 2009

• change doctors!!!!
    sunshine89

Answer by sunshine89 at 9:59 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Those are based on the typical growth of a fetus who usually weighs and average of 7.5 lbs at birth and is about 20 inches. If you are a small person and so is the daddy your baby will probably be small too and then would show as being further behind then they actually are. Also you should factor in that you could have ovulated later than normal in your cycle and that too would make the dates different. I had been given a due date at the 6 week u/s and then at the 18 week one it was off by almost a whole week they still went by the first date because that is really the most accurate. If you don't like the doctor though change one thing you should always feel comfortable with is your ob. That is a must.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 10:06 PM on May. 23, 2009