What is a good infant carseat to have?

What is a good infant carseat? Size isn't a problem as I have a van. I was looking at the Graco ones but I'm not sure as to which one I should get. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would get something like the Graco Snugride 32 or the Chicco Keyfit 30 both allow you to have your baby in the infant seat longer then most seats.... most infant seats fit to around 22 pounds... these are to 30 and 32 pounds! And both really good seats.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:02 PM on May. 23, 2009

• i had britax for my first dd and used it from 6 mos to 5 yrs old.
    i bought another for my 6 month old and spent 100 less than i did 6 yrs ago
    Affordable and worth it
    Miava

Answer by Miava at 10:48 PM on May. 23, 2009

• i have the chicco keyfit 30. it is the number one rated for safey in the entire world. it cost a lot but for your childs safety you can never pay too much. it hold an infant up to 30 pounds. it is great! I love it. I got the travel system and saved about 50 bucks
    Mommy2Mariah

Answer by Mommy2Mariah at 12:31 AM on May. 24, 2009

• I have an Evenflo Aura car seat and I absolutely hate it! I think the Graco SnugRide 32 or the Chicco Keyfit 30 are the best. Although I haven't used either personally, everyone I've talked to says they're amazing. I'd say make sure you get one where you can adjust the harness straps from the front. My Evenflo car seat adjusts from the back. It's a pain in the butt and really hard so it drives me nuts! I wish I had the finances to get a Graco seat but my current one is part of a travel system and since my son is only 6 weeks I need the car seat to go onto the stroller.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 6:45 AM on May. 24, 2009

• We have the chicco keyfit 30 also. I really like it. I think we paid about $170 at babies r us.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 4:23 PM on May. 24, 2009