My husband gave me a book to read.............

My husband gave me a book to read.........It is The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands by Dr. Laura Schlessinger......He says he would like for me to read it because he feels we are having problems in our relationship.........Would you be insulted??? Why can't we just talk? Why do I have to read this book????? He feels it is mostly because of me that we are having issues....I do not think our issues are that bad....Just the typical issues of stressed out parents who are both working outside the home........

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• YES I would because I hate the title and author. But you should probably try to read it IF he has, so yall can discuss what is going on in his head??
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 10:04 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Find a book that addresses the issue you feel he should work on for you and give it to him :)

Anonymous

• She's not a real doctor. I wouldn't take her advice.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 10:05 PM on May. 23, 2009

• She is a conservative whack job. If your husband believes that your relationship has issues, then the two of you should sit down with a neutral third party, like a clergy person or a couples counselor.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:05 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Instead of reading a book, why not go to marriage counseling?
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 10:06 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Throw the book at him.
    Anonymous

• If he had not read the book himself, I would burn it and put the ashes on his side of the bed; then I'm sure he will find something to talk to you about. And, yes, I would be insulted.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 10:06 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I think it's sweet that he cares enough to try to communicate a problem to you. Don't be affended, be openminded to his issue. Maybe you could get a book for him. Lol! I can think of a few for my hubby.
    April0040

Answer by April0040 at 10:07 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Aside from the book which I have never read. NO, you should not be offended. If he thinks you are having problems in your relationship, you are! I was like you, and while we are finally back on the right track, it took him having an affair for me to see it. Then it was almost too late. Consider yourself lucky that he loves you and wants to be with you and is taking the time to invest in your relationship. He is not neccessarily telling you that its your fault, but it does open a door for communication and if you slam it, then it will be your fault regardless of the circumstances.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 10:09 PM on May. 23, 2009

• My husband and I were having normal stress in our marriage from being parents and etc...we decided to read "The Love Dare" together. It focuses on teaching both you AND HUBBY how to better love each other. IT worked wonders for us.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 10:12 PM on May. 23, 2009