Online school and taking care of a baby??

Does anyone out there go to school online plus take care of their children?? i was just wondering if so let me know how it works out??

austins_mommy21

Asked by austins_mommy21 at 10:06 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My SIL works and takes classes online. Her husband also works, so the kids are either at school, with one parent, or a grandparent.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 10:12 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I worked full-time, had a 3 month old, and went to school outside the home for 2 classes, and one online. It can be done
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 10:14 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I loved be a SAHM and taking care of my children. To me it was easier to do that then running back and forth to school. I could be in class and cooking dinner at the same time. University of Phoenix was great and I obtained my degree and finished with a great GPA and feeling of accomplishment
    snowbaby99brk

Answer by snowbaby99brk at 10:20 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I will have my associates degree by the end of this fall and I have done it all online. First with only two children now with three.

When I first started online classes I was a waitress and I had to do all my homework when the kids went to bed because i worked from 6am to 3pm everyday, but the kids go to bed at eight so I would study until 11pm then go to bed.

For the last three semesters I have worked as a receptionist and I don't have really any job duties so I get almost all of my homework done at work, but still sometimes I have to do it at home.

All in all it is worth it and you should go back.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 10:39 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I do. I love it. I get to work on my schoolwork during my free time. It's awesome. I can alwo work at the same time.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:57 PM on May. 23, 2009

• i started going to arizona state university for a year and then within a year a got pregnant so i started taking class online thru ASU. I am still taking online classes and taking care of my 6 month old. it can be done. it is actually quite easier than going to class and listening to an hour long lecture. the good thing about it is you can choose to go to campus at anytime.
    Mommy2Mariah

Answer by Mommy2Mariah at 12:29 AM on May. 24, 2009

• My sister has three kids. They're ages are 11, 7, and 2. Her husband works during the day and her two older kids are at school. She does online classes through the University of Phoenix and takes care of her 2 year old during the day. She goes into the university once every two weeks to turn in the work she did at home. It's better if you want to be a SAHM because you can get your education and not miss a moment in your LO's life. =)
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 6:04 AM on May. 24, 2009

• I care for my 3 month old granddaughter most of the time and am a full time online college student.
    It isn't difficult if you can keep yourself motivated, refocus yourself if you get interrupted, be able to work with a baby on your lap or children playing on the floor around you, or setting up a schedule around your children's schedules.
    For instance, getting up earlier than your children and staying up past their bedtimes.
    If you are a sahm you might be able to get a nap if your children nap with you, but it's an adjustment and sacrifice all moms, and some dads, have to make in order to further their education in order to strive for that better job opportunity.
    Best wishes!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:58 AM on May. 24, 2009

• Thanks so much for everyones in put on this i applied for AIU online and am just waiting to hear if i got in or not!!
    austins_mommy21

Answer by austins_mommy21 at 10:05 PM on May. 24, 2009