Liquid Form Mucous Plug?

My due date was yesterdayand at about 1am this morning my "water broke"...so we went to the hospital and they did the tests to see if it was amniotic fluid, and it came back negative....what the hell? i know for a fact it wasnt pee....the nurse said it was my mucous plug..ive never heard of "liquid mucous plug"...anyone heard of this happening or happened to you?

MaciesMommy09

Asked by MaciesMommy09 at 10:21 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• are you contracting? My cousins water broke and they tested it with the amni strip and it came back negative but when they went to AROM, the OB said her water had already broke so yes, it could have been your water. It couldnt hurt to get it tested again or get an ultrasound to test your fluid level. But.... i know a TON of people (including myself) who went to L & D thinking their water broke when it turned out to just be pee:(
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:49 PM on May. 23, 2009