Why is selling babies not ok but.....

you have to pay to adopt, pay a surrogate, or pay for donor eggs? Isn't that kinda the same thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It's ridiculous that adoption has become such a business. It really does seem like selling children. I'm all for mom giving birth, baby going to foster care for six months while mom decides whether or not to give up parental rights, then baby is available for adoption AFTER mom has signed away her rights. Yeah, that means people won't be able to adopt newborns. So? Newborns are not enchanting creatures...they're pooping eating crying machines!

And older babies bond JUST FINE. A bond is neither made nor broken in the newborn stage.,..because it's built every single day of your life.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:37 PM on May. 23, 2009

• You have a point there...........
    MomAgainAgain

Answer by MomAgainAgain at 10:22 PM on May. 23, 2009

• In some states it is still considered the same thing. In some states a surrogate only gets paid for the medical care they receive because if they get paid anything else it is trafficking of children.
    Anonymous

• OP here, I'm not saying people should be allowed to sell babies but I think it's wrong the families placing babies up for adoption get NO money and the agency gets thousands
    Anonymous

• Idk but I think it's stupid that people have to pay to adopt, I mean if they didn't have to pay than they would have more money to raise thier new kid with.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 10:25 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I don't think anyone should profit financiallly from adoption.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 10:26 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Good point about adoption. I don't think they should make money either. BS.
    Anonymous

• I think it's messed up that it costs so much to adopt too...I feel as though it is selling children, just legally
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 10:29 PM on May. 23, 2009

• gdiamante-I agree. If anything the money they pay should go towards a college fund or something of some sort for the child.
    Anonymous

• We want to adopt, but I don't want to pay 10+ thousands. There are some ways where it doesn't cost as much, but still, I hate that it costs anything. We are going to have one more baby (curently growing at the moment lol) and then in about 4 years, we are going to start to look into adopting a sibling set ( 2-4)

We have to wait that long just to save up enough money. And thats like 1/2 of tax return into savings, and splitting our already savings amount to put into two different accounts now. With the amount of kids out there you would think that if you are financially stable, and have room, then why not let the family have the baby. It makes no sense.
    Anonymous