I am 37 weeks prego and i'm having light spotting does this mean my cervix is dilating??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• u need to call ur dr immediately!!!!
    it coulddddddd be ur mucous plug, as its sometimes spotty looking. but u never know n u certainly dont wanna risk it.
    u might even needa go to the hosp. i would
    momma323

Answer by momma323 at 10:41 PM on May. 23, 2009

• There's no reason to call her doctor immediately. She's 37 weeks. good lord. It's possible you are dialating. I spotted when I dilated and I wasn't in labor. If you're having cramps that are consistent and follow a pattern, increase frequency, then give your doc a call. If you recently had sex, it coulkd be from that too
    Anonymous

• OMG this is the reason I dont ask questions online! people get all freaked out! There is absolutely NO REASON to call your doctor! it is 100% COMPETELY NORMAL to have "bloody show" during pregnancy! At 37 weeks you should be slowly dilating, probaby already losing your mucous plug and having bloody show! DONT CALL YOUR DOCTOR!! That lady acted like you were 30 weeks and would need a labor stopped or something! I lost my mucous plug and began havin bloody show at only 31 weeks with my daughter and still make it to 38 weeks but I know people that didnt lose theirs til labor began! Besides being an exciting sign that your pregnancy is almost over, there is no reason to be scared or worried about bloody show or losing your mucous plug! FYI... my negativism was NOT at the person asking the question, it was towards the first responder!!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:46 PM on May. 23, 2009