What is wrong with sme "mothers today?

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Neighbors of a New Mexico mother who confessed to suffocating her 3-year-old son because "she did not want him to grow up with no one caring about him" said they could have helped, if only the mom would have reached out to them.
Instead, Toribio told detectives that she suffocated her son in Alvarado Park before dawn on May 13 by putting her hand over his mouth and nose. She said she had second thoughts and performed CPR on the boy, resuscitating him, but reconsidered and smothered him again. Investigators said she then buried him under the climbing gym's hanging bridge, where the body was found two days later.What had baffled police after the discovery of the body was that the chubby-cheeked boy appeared to have been well-fed, showed no signs of physical abuse and was wearing a matching outfit, seemingly well cared for.
My Question IS WHAT IN THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THE PEOPLE LIKE HER ?????

Tygermommanikki

Asked by Tygermommanikki at 10:38 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Mental.
    Anonymous

• I kind of want to vomit. Is it not enough that she killed this poor child once, she had to resuscitate him so that he could experience it a SECOND time!?

Oh, geez. I really might throw up.

DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:41 PM on May. 23, 2009

• MENTAL?!!!

THERE ARE MILLIONS OF PARENTS WITH MENTAL DISORDERS WHO DON'T DO THIS TYPE OF THING, SO Y IS MENTAL ALWAYS AN EXCUSE?

Y NOT DERANGED OR THEY R A MONSTER PLAIN AND SIMPLE. CAUSE CALLING THESE 'MOMS' MENTAL MAKES GOOD MOMS WHO HAPPEN TO HAVE A MENTAL DISPRDER LOOK BAD.
    Tygermommanikki

Answer by Tygermommanikki at 10:43 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Not an excuse, she probably was mental and did not seek help.

Anonymous

• there is no excuse. soulless bitch.
    kittymommy

Answer by kittymommy at 10:54 PM on May. 23, 2009

• yeah, what DusterMommy said--this moron had to do it TWICE...I'm ill.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 10:59 PM on May. 23, 2009

• OOHHH, I saw that! Before they found out who he was though. I don't know what is wrong with some mothers. I think she most definatly has mental problems, not saying that to be funny. She has some real mental problems. I wonder, can she be charged with 2 counts of murder then? I can't imagine being a neighbor of theirs. Was there any other children in the home? As mad as I get at my kids, I can't imagine EVER doing anything like that. That woman is sick, really sick.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 11:00 PM on May. 23, 2009

• http://www.cafemom.com/group/416/forums/read/8947022/What_is_wrong_with_people_today_Warning_not_easy_to_read_N_M_Baby_Angel
    Tygermommanikki

Answer by Tygermommanikki at 11:07 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Ok, I read the full story on your link, tygermom, and this stuck out:

Toribio was homeless and sleeping in the park, having been kicked out of her mother's home and a friend's apartment in the days before her son's death because she was ignoring the boy and withholding affection, investigators said.

Now I'm pissed with the grandmother.  She kicked her daughter out, along with her grandson, because she was withholding affection?  If  MY child were not caring for her son, I sure as heck wouldn't kick them out together.  I'd be caring for my grandchild!

DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:15 PM on May. 23, 2009

• She clearly has a mental disease. I pray for her poor little baby boy and I hope that she gets some help.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:16 PM on May. 23, 2009