My stomach makes me feel self-concious when we have sex.

I'm about 23 weeks pregnant. I've been told my stomach isn't really big, but its bigger than its ever been in MY life. And when we have sex I focus on that and I kind of lose the urge. Don't get me wrong, its great when we do it and I really want it, but I just get...nervous when he looks at my stomach. I feel the need to try and cover it up when he looks at me. I feel fat and icky. Am I just weird?

xCalliex

Asked by xCalliex at 10:38 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• Heck, at least you are preggers! Just wait till after you have given birth! The stomach is still there, but there is no baby in there! Enjoy yourself and your wonderful body!!!!!!!!!!!
    MomAgainAgain

Answer by MomAgainAgain at 10:40 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Your tummy is round and firm right now. I can assure you he doesn't get grossed out or think you're fat. The worst part is right after you have the baby, so go ahead and enjoy your growing belly now, because later on you'll probably regret taking it for granted. I know I did in some ways. I felt like I should have embraced it a lot more, and when I see a pregnant woman that is confident, I envy her.
    Anonymous

• I bet he finds it sexy.

Some men view a pregnant woman as sexy.
    Anonymous

• Ha I agree with momagain just wait until AFTER you give birth and your belly is still there ever after you've lost all your baby weight, and for some damn reason that extra skin just sort of hangs there talk about a turn off I hate being on top now because even though it doesnt bother him iot bothers me, and its not even that much
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 11:11 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I'm comfortable enough with the man I have sex with to not worry about my body.
    Anonymous

• It has to do with the discomfort of my own body now. But its also I can't be in my favorite position because of the baby bump and it can't be as rough as I like it because my stomach starts to hurt too. It just sucks all around. *sigh*
    xCalliex

Answer by xCalliex at 12:41 AM on May. 24, 2009

• Get some pretty tummy-hiding lingerie and vary your routine. Talk with your husband too, I bet he's not as concerned about it as you may think.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:49 AM on May. 24, 2009

• Better get comfortable with it now because your stomach may NEVER look the same.. after you have the child what what firm, hard and round can become flabby and loose skin ( that you can't get rid of).. Hope it doesn't happen to you, just saying that it can.. so become comfortable in your skin now!
    Anonymous