I know these can be normal in pregnancy, but...

I see my OB again this coming Wednesday, and I do plan to ask him about this, but I was just wondering if any of you ladies have had experience with these things.

Swelling is normal, I know, but my feet and ankles have been swollen for weeks now, without reprieve, and they're starting to get sore. I rest and elevate them as much as possible, try to stay out of the heat, etc. I just don't remember the swelling being such a constant thing with my first pregnancy.

Also, I have been having dizzy spells recently that are typically followed by blurred vision (usually only in one eye) and heart palpitations. I KNOW I didn't experience this with my first, so I'm not sure what it could be.

I'm 31 weeks now, so I'm getting towards the end here and I know things always get the most annoying right about now (lol), but I keep thinking I should probably be concerned. Does anyone have any idea what causes these?

cskomk0106

Asked by cskomk0106 at 10:49 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• do you have high blood pressure maybe? Thats all I can think of
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 10:55 PM on May. 23, 2009

• sounds like symptoms of preeclamsia.... but it is normal my feet and ankles looked like balloons... also if you have HBP it can make it worse or even hypertension
    Anonymous

• I would get my blood pressure checked sooner than Wed. if I were you. Can't be to careful, then you will know. But these are all things I was told to call about when I was border line for high blood pressure.

Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 11:18 PM on May. 23, 2009

• call ob on tues and try to get in that day. sounds like blood pressure issuesand swelloing could lead to something more serious. Or it simply could be this pregnancy will go rougher than your last...good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:00 AM on May. 24, 2009

• If you live near a pharmacy you can go in each day around the same time and test your blood pressure. Record it and show it to your ob. If it gets worse or you start getting weak on one side of your body I would call my OB office and talk to the doctor on call.
    cjbj08

Answer by cjbj08 at 12:35 AM on May. 24, 2009