9Months itchy bumps

My son had these itchy bumps in his head for about 2 months. We took him to the doctor and she couldnt figure out what they were. In fact she ruled out so much I didn't know what was left. She gave an antibotic cream and prescribtion hydrocortisone. They didn't work. I started using a rash creme by chance that was perscribed to my 4 year old. That seemed to have worked. The bumps dried up and were gone for about 2 weeks. Now they are back. This time they are down his back and on his face. Does any one have any experience with this?

As far as soap he uses Eucerine products.

3LiftedMe

Asked by 3LiftedMe at 11:07 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• has she ruled out bed bugs? what does the rash look like? are the bumps red? do they have white centers, or rings on them? Etc. Might be time to consult a dermatologist..
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 11:09 PM on May. 23, 2009

• aww.. nope no experience here- but maybe try to get a referral to a dermatologist.. they may have a better idea of whats going on?
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 11:10 PM on May. 23, 2009

• She ruled out
    Chicken pox, measles, scabies, ringworm, food allergies. She had me change his soaps and lotion, and I still use dreft on his clothes.
    3LiftedMe

Answer by 3LiftedMe at 11:11 PM on May. 23, 2009

• My friend's 2yo has the same thing going on. They're now saying it must be eczema. Nothing has made the bumps go away, but they don't seem to bother the 2yo.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 11:17 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Oh no my baby is scratching, he is irritated, and its waking him up in the middle of the night. I am taking him to the ER, because his doctors office doesn't know and I don't want him to have to wait for a referral. Its just bothering me so badly.
    3LiftedMe

Answer by 3LiftedMe at 11:23 PM on May. 23, 2009

• might be scabies
    Anonymous

• He's already been checked for that and it was ruled out. Didnt want to leave anything to chance. I stated that above.
    3LiftedMe

Answer by 3LiftedMe at 12:06 AM on May. 24, 2009