How can I pay for a divorce lawyer?

Until 6 months ago I had enough for the retainer for a divorce lawyer. Unfortunately because of some medical bills I had to pay I no longer have it (I have some money saved but not enough). How can I follow through? Should I take out a personal loan? Any advice would be welcome.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• You might look into legal aid or whatever kind of free lawyers they have in your area. Sometimes, it takes a while to get in, but if you meet financial requirements, they'll help you out.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 11:12 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Legal is what I used and all I ended up paying was the filing fees at the courthouse
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 11:15 PM on May. 23, 2009

• sorry I forgot to put *legal aid*
    hautemama83

• I don't think I can get legal aid because our income is too much.
    Anonymous

• Looking for freebies from lawyers is HARD! However, go to your local courthouse and ask for something called 'lawyer for a day'. My aunt did this and paid very little for her divorce.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 12:43 AM on May. 24, 2009