I don't/cannot tan. Could someone give info about spray tans?

I am a red-haired, pale skinned woman who is phobic about skin cancer. Therefore, tanning beds are out. But we are going on a 'company-paid' vacation to a beachside location, & I don't want to look DEAD.
Please help me!!!

penny4j

Asked by penny4j at 11:13 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I have never done the spray in the booth but I like Neutrogina's spray tan x 3 shades which is really more like one after several applications. Don't do it in the wind!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:16 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I have done all the type of self and spray tans you can imagine. I really really like the spray tans where a person actually sprays you with an airbrush-type machine. They usually have this kind of thing at some tanning and beauty salons so I would look around for that. They color is not orange like a lot of spray/self tanning is, and a person can get your tan more even than a machine can. Many tanning salons now have the Mystic, which is the spray tan done by a machine with nozzels. I don't dislike this kind of spray tanning but it isn't as good as having a person do it. The color is usually more orangey looking and they usually only have 1 level to pick from, which doesn't look to great on fair skinned people. I don't recommend any self tanners. I have never used any that I liked. Regardless of what you choose, stick with the lightest level of tan since you have fair skin. All of the spray/self tanners usually last a week.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:02 AM on May. 24, 2009

• I use the Skin So Soft Spray Tan by Avon. Its really good! www.youravon.com/dhullum use code fsany for free direct delivery shipping. I've used and like both the spray version and the lotion version and both are really good but I personally prefer the spray. It looks so natural and you can choose for light skin tones :)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 12:09 AM on May. 24, 2009