Do you always ask for permission from your husband/So to do something?

I have known people that have to ask permission to go out to lunch with friends, purchase a $5.00 item at the store, open a savings account and have family over.

I think this is weird to have to ask these things.

How about you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yea and no... maybe she is just being considerate and wants him to know whats going on and let him know whats happening....

so he can give input?

but at the same time yes its weird...to ask your SO everything... but then again you also want to consider their feelings.
    Anonymous

• Not for small things. But big things we talk about. I usually feel guilty for buying things, or going to lunch. He doesn't, he doesn't mind. He does get jealous though, that I have lunch with a friend instead of him.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 11:23 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Well, I ask him about purchases of course, since he makes all the money and I wouldn't just go out and buy something without asking him first. Besides, we only have one debit card and I don't know his number.

But anything else, I just "tell" him that I'm doing whatever and he's fine with it, lol. He, on the other hand, asks me about EVERYTHING! It's funny.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:23 PM on May. 23, 2009

• No. Why would I?
    Anonymous

• I certainly don't ask permission. But I do tell him everything that I do. Well, no I don't tell him how I spend every cent I guess, but I tell him if I'm going to lunch with a friend or if family is coming over. I ask him before I make plans just to make sure that we'll both be around and that he won't be in the middle of a stressful time at work or something. It's really more of a conversation than a request for permission.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:27 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I agree with beckcorc...it's not really a matter of asking permission it's communicating...something that makes a good marriage. I talk to my husband about everything I do before I do it and he does the same out of respect and courtesy. Such as...so and so invited me to do this...do you mind? Or whatever the case maybe. It lets him feel l care about him and his opinion.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 12:17 AM on May. 24, 2009

• Well, I guess it depends on how you look at things, I would ask him not for permission but if he was okay with something..he does the same with me. If its a big purchase I would run it by him just like he would run it by me...Its goes both ways. To have people over I dont ask him, to go to lunch with someone, I dont ask him...So no I really dont ask for permission but its more or less just communication about stuff...
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 1:27 AM on May. 24, 2009

• I don't ask for permission, but I always ask him, mostly so he knows whats happening and that I'm doing it...so its like an asking but even if he says no I'm doing it anyway. He knows that its just me telling him I'm going to lol
    Cutie_Hijabi

Answer by Cutie_Hijabi at 4:00 AM on May. 24, 2009

• I don't think I ever asked my husband for permission to do a single thing in our eleven years together. I inform him of what I am doing but no I don't ask permission. I only ask him of things that will affect him. I ask what he has planned and then suggest we invite friends over for a BBQ.
    MawagaMom

Answer by MawagaMom at 5:37 AM on May. 24, 2009

• I ask him for big things, like if I plan to spend money on a purse or shoes I ask if its ok, but not for lipstick or lunch.
    If it's something for our son i dont usually ask though.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:52 AM on May. 24, 2009