car insurance?

If you are in a friend's vehicle and they get pulled over, and they have no insurance and you have a newborn in the vehicle can you get in trouble?. Plus you had no idea that they didn't have insurance? or even if you knew that they didn't have insurance? (no bashing, just a hypothetical question.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• no.
    Anonymous

• no, why would you? It's not your car and you weren't driving. The car might get towed though leaving you and the baby stranded (although the police would probably take you to wherever you needed to go)
    Anonymous

• I don't see why you would get in trouble but every state may be different I would check out your state laws!
    Anonymous

• I live in Canada, i was just wondering though...because i thought it would cause trouble and a friend and i were arguing about this very subject.
    Anonymous

• YOu can be cited for it yes. They wont take you to jail or anything. Whenever I drive another persons car, I always ask where the information is. Is it in the glove compartment or arm rest or what. I want to know where the registration is and where the insurance is. Its a habit that my dad taught me when I was learning to drive. My mom was driving a friends car. The girl was in the car with her, but she unknowingly had had her tag suspended for lapsed insurance. My mom was speeding so she got pulled over. When the tag was ran through the system, it showed that it had been suspended. My mom was furious. The state patrol cited HER for this violation because she was driving the car. It was in her name and she had to go to court to get it straightened out. My mom made the girl pay her fee on it because it was her issue, but neither one of them knew about this tag issue. The insurance agent had turne her name into the state.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:07 AM on May. 24, 2009