In my baby's room should I put a humidifier on the floor or up on a bookcase or something?

I know this seems weird but I have never used a humidifier in my life, but my baby has a cough so we bought one and I don't know where to put it! Should it be close to her crib or does it matter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 PM on May. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• it doesnt matter if its by her crib or not.. but i would put it up on a shelf or something.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:41 PM on May. 23, 2009

• make sure you leave the room open in order to prevent any moisture build up you dont want mold. Dont put it next to any furniture or above the baby. It is meant to be center room on a chair or something not on the floor. Make sure you clean it everytime!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on May. 24, 2009

• Whatever you are going to do when she is older and mobile, that's what you want to do NOW. Don't develop a habit of thinking "I can put it down low because she can't get it" and then have to re-train yourself later!

Okay, maybe it's just me who had that problem...LOL

Put it up. Just get into a habit of putting everything UP.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:36 AM on May. 24, 2009

• Depends on your child's room. When I had to use one in my daughters room the best blace for ti was on the floor. Of course everyday I had to take it out and put it up and pull it out again at nap and bedtime but it really was the best way at the time.

If whatever shelf you're questioning is wide enough for it, sturdy and tall it ought to be fine. But it depends on your child and his/her room.
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 10:27 AM on May. 24, 2009