what foods can i eat that have a lot of iron in them?

my mouth has been tasting like i have been chewing on a penny and when i told my mom about it who works in the medical field she told me i have low iron i don't really want to take an iron pill unless i have to what foods can i eat that have a lot of iron in them

redheadbeauty55

Asked by redheadbeauty55 at 11:58 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Food & Drink

• LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 12:04 AM on May. 24, 2009

• liver
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:48 AM on May. 24, 2009

• When you combine an iron rich food with a food that has vitamin C, the absorption rate of the iron is increased. Dried beans and dark leafy vegetables are great. You can make a smoothie with frozen blueberries (a great antioxidant), yogurt (good germs), orange juice (vitamin C) and Kale (iron). Go here: http://www.soystache.com/iron.htm, scroll down and you will see a listing of iron-rich foods.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:29 AM on May. 24, 2009

• Dark green leafy vegetables such as kale or spinach, lean red meats,
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:50 AM on May. 24, 2009

• when I had that taste in My mouth I was allergic to a medication they had just put me on.

chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:36 PM on May. 24, 2009

• im anemic and i found that cooking with an iron skillet helps
    lockleargang8

Answer by lockleargang8 at 3:48 PM on May. 31, 2009