How to get a 8 month old to keep herself occupied?

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get my 8 month old daughter to keep herself more occupied? If we put her on the floor in order to go do something she just sits and fusses or cries, even if she has toys. If we sit next to her or hold her in our lap, even if we aren't paying attention to her, she is fine. Is there anything to do to help with this or will she just eventually outgrow it. I don't want to hold her all the time, but I also don't want to just let her scream.

cheekersus99

Asked by cheekersus99 at 1:04 AM on May. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 8 months is still kindof young to keep herself occupied she needs to be close to you have you tried wearing her
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 1:09 AM on May. 24, 2009

• I agree that 8 months is kinda young to self occupy. My daughter did the best at that age while she was in her walker. Do you have one for your lil' one? While she was in the walker I could go to the bathroom or make lunch ect, it really made things easier for me.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 2:57 AM on May. 24, 2009

• You can't teach an 8 month old to entertain herself. You just have to carry her around with you and include her in whatever you are doing. A sling is great for this!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:37 PM on May. 24, 2009