Ever been too embarrassed to ask the Dr something? TMI

I know its silly to be embarrassed because I am sure doctors have seen and heard it all, but for a few weeks, my left breast has been leaky, and I have not been preggers for 7 years! Its been slightly swollen and achy and more firmer than usual. The other breast is just fine. Does this seem to be something I should worry about?

Have you ever been embarrassed to ask the Doc something about you body?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on May. 24, 2009 in Health

• Please see your doctor, no matter how embarassed you feel about it.
    You could be suffering from anything from an infection to an abnormal hormone rate.

Both of my breasts had begun to leak milk and had been doing so for several months - just like a pregnant woman. I knew I wasn't pregnant because I've had my tubes tied since 1993. I finally saw my doctor, who ordered blood tests after having me pee on a stick (just to be sure), and it turns out that I have a high level of lactaid, which is the hormone that produces milk in a woman's body.
    Turns out that a medication I was on for an unrelated reason was the cause for elevating this hormone so it had to be changed and then the hormone became regulated and my breasts stopped producing milk.

Nothing is abnormal in a woman.
    Please see your doctor. {HUGS}
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:03 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Is there a possibility that you are pregnant now? I'd ask your doctor, hun, just to be sure. And I'm sure the doc has heard it all, and if not, knows someone who has. It's better to know than not to. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 1:42 AM on May. 24, 2009

• Talk to your doctor soon. That could be signs of breast diseases or other things.
    ChristianNurse

Answer by ChristianNurse at 2:35 AM on May. 24, 2009

• Def talk to your dr. you can get a infection!!! He is a DR I bet he has heard and seen much worse things. That is nothing to be embarrased about! Good luck.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 4:33 AM on May. 24, 2009

• Get to a doctor immediately. This could be a sign of a serious issue.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:18 AM on May. 24, 2009

• Never.

Go to a doctor!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:46 AM on May. 24, 2009