a diet that works??

I need to loose about 30 lbs and i need a god diet that works!! I exersize 3 time a week 1 hour on tredmill!!
thanks!

MammaSherry

Asked by MammaSherry at 1:35 AM on May. 24, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Weight Watchers
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 1:43 AM on May. 24, 2009

• im trying atkins... my boyfriends mom is on it && lost 11lbs in the first week and a half or so....
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 4:30 AM on May. 24, 2009

• low carb.. atkins..works the best!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:46 AM on May. 24, 2009

• I needed to do the same after I had my first baby. I started out with South Beach for about 3 or 4 weeks, dropped 15 pounds quick then switched to Weight Watchers to loose the rest and then some. Atkins works but when you start eating bread again you usually put the weight back on. That is why I like South Beach. You can eventually have whole grain carbs so the weight stays off. I think there is even a low carb weight watchers now.

Kim
    http://myparenting411.blogspot.com
    http://redseals.etsy.com -handmade jewelry and watches
    RedSeal

Answer by RedSeal at 6:39 AM on May. 24, 2009

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    You are getting regular exercise, which is the first step. The next step is to drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Next, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html .Feel free to ask me any questions

Answer by rkoloms at 7:11 AM on May. 24, 2009

• Rkoloms is correct regarding lifestyle vs. "diet". IMO, you need to up your cardio to a daily dose of 30-40 minutes of efficient cardio (hitting the target heart zone and staying there 20-30 minutes) and add in a core strength workout (tummy and back) every other day.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:31 AM on May. 24, 2009

• I always suggest doing a cleanse. even if you dont need to lose weight, it's just healthy. weight loss is a side benefit. let me know ifyou want more info
    jambalover

Answer by jambalover at 2:22 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Low Carb diets DO work BUT once you stop it will come back.

Lost 70 pounds on it a few years ago and gained back 90 :(
    pjacademy

Answer by pjacademy at 3:18 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I love Weight Watchers because it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. They teach you to make smart choices and to not completely quit if you have a bad day. (or week!) It's the ONLY program my Doctor will recommend. I started the program last March and I weighed 278, and when I weighed in this morning I was at 217!!!! (I'm SOOO happy!! I'm 6' 1/2" and I'll never be a size 2 or 4, but I'd love to just be healthy!!!) It'a a long process sometimes, but it's worth the end result!!!
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 12:38 PM on Feb. 23, 2010