is it ok for them to be there?

i have two girls 2 and 6 months, we have a 1997 ford expedition, well we have no back seat as my father inlaw gave it away, well in the front seat the middle seat belt dosent work, so the girls are by the doors, is it the safest plcae for them?? i know that its good that they are in car seats but i would love for the middle belt to work and to get a back seat so i can put my 2 year old there and my 6 month old on the front in the middle!

MammaSherry

Asked by MammaSherry at 1:38 AM on May. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Usually if you only have 2 rows of seats and 2 babies then that's usuallly where they go...I don't think it's terrible...what other choice do you have?? I only have one baby so I do keep her in the middle but I think it's fine if she's there....I think you will find that's how most do it.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:59 AM on May. 24, 2009

• The most important thing is that they are in appropriate safety seats, and that those seats are belted in properly. The only place in the car you absolutely DON'T put them, is the front passenger seat. It sounds like you don't have any other options for where to put your girls. Maybe you can get the seat belt fixed so you can put one in the middle? Perhaps go to a used part or salvage lot and find the replacement seat for the back? In Oregon we have places called U-Pull It and Star Auto Wrecking where we found 2 extra seats for my DH's full size Chevy van. We had to fix one of the seatbelts, but that was less than $30.
    OregonJeka

Answer by OregonJeka at 2:02 AM on May. 24, 2009

• Sounds fine to me. Alot of people can't put all their babies in the middle. It's only a reccomendation if possible. As long as they are in carseats, strapped in right and not in the front passanger seat then you are doing everything right. I do agree with Oregonjeka about the salvage yards, you could probably find a seat or at least a seat belt for dirt cheap. Check around....if you don;t find anything check again in like a month, they get stuff in all the time. Good Luck!
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 2:52 AM on May. 24, 2009

• All my kida are on the outsdie seats. I have three rows of seats and four kiddos
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 6:11 AM on May. 24, 2009