I am 24 weeks pregnant and im traveling in plane, is it safe? My doctor hasnt said anything to me, but i have been hearing so many pregnant ladies stating that traveling in plane has caused them to go into labor. Is this true? should i take any precautions??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on May. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• As long as you are low risk it should be perfectly fine.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:56 AM on May. 24, 2009

• I was told that I was not supposed to travel in the last trimester because it is dangerous. I didn't really receive professional advice about it, but everyone I spoke to about it was adamant that I not do so. I hear it's dangerous, but I don't know for sure. You're still in your second trimester though.
    Call-Me-Mommy

Answer by Call-Me-Mommy at 1:57 AM on May. 24, 2009

• I think you should be fine, unless you're a severly high risk patient already. I know that I missed out on a cruise with family because I was so far along, the ship wouldn't allow anyone over 32 weeks, but I was fine to fly up until 35 weeks, but I had a really normal pregnancy.
    OregonJeka

Answer by OregonJeka at 1:57 AM on May. 24, 2009

• Generally speaking most airlines don't suggest flying international after 5-7 months (depends on airline) and 7 months in the states without a doctor's note. At 24 weeks you will be fine. I flew from Germany back to the states at around 20 weeks. It may be a little more uncomfortable so just keep that in mind, especially if it is a long flight.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:59 AM on May. 24, 2009

• I flew at 22 weeks. I was told you can fly all the way up until 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after. My WTE book says it is "okay until the last part of the last trimester". Also make sure to walk up and down the isles so you're not sitting in one position too long, as it can cause blood clots in your legs. Drink PLENTY of water, and bring snacks(since most airlines charge you for them now-a-days). GL on your trip!!!
    MadisonsMom0408

Answer by MadisonsMom0408 at 2:11 AM on May. 24, 2009

• Its fine if you're not high risk. I'm 21 weeks and will be flying overseas here soon. Doctor said it was fine. You can even fly in your last trimester, according to doctors I've talked to anyway. The only reason that people recommend NOT flying in your last trimester is b/c you can go into labor and the airlines dont want to risk that happening as a safety precaution.

Just wear comfortable clothes and relax. Dont stress or worry about it, it should be fine.
    SKARISKARA

Answer by SKARISKARA at 4:07 AM on May. 24, 2009

• I just got back from flying across the country and I am 20 weeks. Just drink lots and lots of fluids even if that means running to the bathroom a hundred times and try and rest while your gone and you should be fine as long as you are not high risk.
    LOVE2bMOMMY525

Answer by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 11:25 AM on May. 24, 2009