Does it get lonely being a stay at home mommy?

It's been seven weeks, and I am already kinda lonely sometimes...even though the baby is there...see all my friends don't have kids so they are off doing there own thing, and I am at home all day pretty much...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on May. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My best advice would be to enjoy every minute with your baby...it goes by way too fast. Take your baby for walks around the block, or park, even shopping. Parks are great, you can meet other mom's in your same boat! If you see a mommy with a little one around the same age, go up to her and strike up a conversation....next thing you know you'll have someone to have play dates with. Good Luck!
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 2:46 AM on May. 24, 2009

• It can get lonely, have you tried finding playgroups or other groups that you could go to to mingle with other adults.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on May. 24, 2009

• it can...I find that I like to go walk around Target or take a walk at the park...you'll drive yourself crazy being in the house all day...and we just started swim lessons last week. :)....You'll find something. and congratulations!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:03 AM on May. 24, 2009

• I know exactly how you feel! My dd will be 7 weeks on wed and my husband is military. He is either working or gone =( I don't know a soul, so I'm in the same boat. I've been on here for about a week and it's going pretty well for the most part(minus the drama). I have found 5 groups in my area and hope to get out more because of them!! Hang in there. It WILL get better-thats what I keep telling myself as well =)
    MadisonsMom0408

Answer by MadisonsMom0408 at 2:04 AM on May. 24, 2009

• YESSS! I jioned a playgroup and we look forward to it every week.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 6:10 AM on May. 24, 2009

• It's extremely lonely. I have to almost force myself to go out sometimes. But after I get outside with my daughter in the stroller (she's five months old), everything seems alright again.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:09 AM on May. 24, 2009

• yes it does get lonley...that's why i'm on cafemom all the time! lol
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 10:24 AM on May. 24, 2009

• It can... but it is your choice to be lonely or not. Look for a playgroup... if you can not find one start one. While baby is little go to all the museums, movies, etc you can... when they are todlers it is harder to do. Have ladies over for coffee, start a book club, start a ____ club (what ever your interest is). Go on line and find a stroller strides calls near by. There is a ton to do while being a sahm....... if you get lonely or board that is a choice YOU make.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 10:53 AM on May. 24, 2009

• yah i know exactly what you mean.. all my friends dont have kids and i stay at home all day with the baby.. almost seems lonlier with a baby then without.. i enrolled in college part time and do classes online.. its amazing because at least i feel like im doing something and i have deadlines and such.. the government actually gives me financial aid because im a stay at home mom so i get all my schooling paid for AND $1,700 a month just for anything else i need.. its nice because then i feel like im contributing as well.
    casper4991

Answer by casper4991 at 10:00 PM on May. 24, 2009