Do you have any traditions to celebrate the last day of school each year?

LillyMommy

Asked by LillyMommy at 2:26 AM on May. 24, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• No. If my husband is home (which he usually isn't) we go out to lunch. Last year I think we just went home and the kids got their bikes out and spent all day outside.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:05 AM on May. 24, 2009

• We still have a Drive in Theatre, and we go every year for the last day. This year we saw the new Night at the Museum, their last day was it's opening day. THe kids enjoy it, and it is laid back enough the whole family can go, even their 2 yo sister.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:55 AM on May. 24, 2009

• Trying to sleep in the next day.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:59 AM on May. 24, 2009

• We do something different each year. This year, we're going to see "UP" on its opening day. The kids are really excited, because they've only seen maybe 2 or 3 movies in the theatre before.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 1:55 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Every year since preschool, I pick my son up on the last day and we go share a banana split. He is now 16, and for the first time I have a job where I will not be able to pick him up right at the end of the last day, so he will have to wait until I get home at 4, but we will still be going for our shared banana split.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:30 AM on May. 25, 2009