Do you ever?

Do you ever just feel like throwing in the towel? Like giving up on everything and just walking out. Lately I feel so upset and miserable in my life that I just want to leave. Don't get me wrong I love my kids and my husband but my sanity is quickly leaving me and I have no desire to do anything anymore. I go through the day like a robot and when I try to talk to DH about it all, he falls asleep....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on May. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• That has to be really hard. I get like that sometimes- not that I'd walk out on my family, but maybe run far away for a few days! Honestly, when I get like that, I turn it on myself. Its easy to get frustrated and blame others, but you have to actually know what you want before you talk to your husband or else the conversation will go nowhere and you might start saying things that don't really solve the problem. Usually, I just need to take some time alone to do something I love. I used to be really crafty but never have time anymore. If I start feeling like the walls are closing in, I tell my DH I need some time alone and he'll take my daughter and I get to sew or do something that pre-baby/pre-marriage/pre-life me used to do. I also go nuts if I don't get outside at least every other day. Hope that helps. You should also join a moms group if you haven't already (meetup.com is a good place). Good luck!
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 10:49 AM on May. 24, 2009

• Know just what you mean. One day I am gonna leave to get bread and never come back!
    Damions_mom

Answer by Damions_mom at 2:36 AM on May. 24, 2009

• I know what you both mean but I'm gonna leave to get the milk=)
    mommyhero

Answer by mommyhero at 2:45 AM on May. 24, 2009

• I guess I'll leave to get the peanut butter. At least we can all get together and have a sandwich.

Regular or crunchy?
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 3:15 AM on May. 24, 2009

• ill bring jelly.lol. but no i seriously think about it just put dd to bed, go for a drive and just keep driving. sad
    mayo9mommy

Answer by mayo9mommy at 3:38 AM on May. 24, 2009

• ladies, it's depression. it's common.
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 6:23 AM on May. 24, 2009

• I feel like that once in a while too. And then I imagine my kids crying asking "when's Mom coming back Dad?" and I realize I'd never want to cause them that kind of pain so I go for a walk, or take a book and head to the bath and the moment has faded.
    Just take a few minutes a day for yourself and hug your kids when you're frustrated, there's something about a nice hug from your little one to get you rejuiced and ready to go for another round of life.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 7:47 AM on May. 24, 2009

• Perhaps you should talk with your doctor to make sure you don't have anemia or other problems causing you to lose energy, being tired all the time will make you feel discouraged, too. If you aren't getting enough sleep- another physical reason to feel discouraged. You should have some time off every week at least. Some areas have mother's day out, some have day care that you can use only as you need it and don't need to make a long time commitment, or get a sitter. Take the time away from the house to have You-time. It would also be a good idea to take a class, to do volunteer work, to get together with other moms for play/coffee dates. Every day you should also spend a little while by yourself relaxing your mind and body- yoga, tai chi, music, reading, and so forth. I hope that you feel better.

Answer by Bmat at 7:57 AM on May. 24, 2009

• every day, I I don't even like my kids some days, and hubby everyday. I'm just not in the position to leave.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 11:01 AM on May. 24, 2009

• ***OP*** I'm not saying that I would do it I just feel that way. Kinda like mrs_pulley said, some days I just want to get away for a few days but it would never last. I just need a break I think, hubby and I have to go to VA and we are driving so 16 hours one way there and then again back this weekend should help. THanks though ladies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on May. 27, 2009